There are some drinks that go perfectly with Summer. In our blog about what to serve at a bbq we gave you the Peach and Rose Fizz. But when the weather is scorching there are some old favourite drinks to serve to your mates. We could think of nothing better than that true taste of European holidays – Sangria!
- 1 bottle of Rioja
- 2 oranges
- 1 lime (optional)
- Chilled Orange Fanta
- 1 bottle of Crabbie’s Ginger Beer
- Put a handful of ice in a large jug. Cut the oranges into thick slices and put in the jug. Pour in the Rioja and add 8 shots of Limoncello (you can do 8 tablespoons, it’s roughly the same).
- Add 550ml or a pint of Fanta and half the bottle of Crabbie’s.
- Mix using a long wooden spoon and squeeze half the lime over the top, cutting the other half into thin slices for adding to the glasses.
- Pour into glasses with a slice of lime and enjoy. It goes down quickly and wonderfully, so be careful to share it out!