We love our food, but know that getting the right balance between indulgence and good stuff is really important. That’s why we created our eat better range, so that you can find a perfect product whatever your dietary or lifestyle needs, without sacrificing on flavour or satisfaction.
While we were researching health claims in food, we came across so many conflicting messages that we thought it would be fun to create a quiz and test your knowledge of myths in food. Check them out below, answer True or False and see if you can get all 10 food myths busted!
- Spinach contains as much iron as red meat.
- Eggs are bad for you because they are high in cholesterol.
- Apples contain more fibre than chickpeas.
- Oranges are the best source of Vitamin C.
- Eating late at night is more fattening and very unhealthy.
- Grazing throughout the day is beneficial and keeps metabolism stable.
- Fruit Juice is just the same as eating fruit.
- Not all Low-Fat foods are healthy and good for you.
- After a workout only protein is needed.
- Cutting out all fats from a meal = healthy.
And the answers!
- TRUE – Spinach contains as much iron as red meat, but should be eaten with foods rich in Vitamin C to make it more easily absorbed by the body.
- FALSE – Loaded with vitamins, minerals and essential amino acids, eggs are one of the most nutritious foods on the planet! Only 25% of the cholesterol in your blood comes from food.
- FALSE – A 100g serving of chickpeas contains 16g of fibre – almost four times what’s in an apple!
- FALSE – Like many vegetables, red peppers are a great source of Vitamin C and contain almost 3 times more than the equivalent amount of oranges.
- FALSE – Calories are still calories no matter when they’re consumed.
- TRUE – Mini meals help boost metabolism helping to burn a few calories at a time.
- FALSE – Nutrients are in the whole fruit and skin!
- TRUE – They often contain added sugar and refined carbs.
- FALSE – Carbohydrates and Glucose is needed too.
- FALSE – Not all fats are bad, there are healthy fats such as those found in avocados and nuts.
So, you can see that there are some myths surrounding food that can be busted. We’ve made sure our eat better range clearly states on pack the benefits of the product and why we’ve put those ingredients together. It’s a really simple way to eat clean!